SJF Ventures is a venture capital firm that seeks superior returns by investing in high-growth, positive impact companies. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, backing visionary entrepreneurial teams working in clean energy and climate tech, circular economy and logistics, health and wellness, gov tech, education, future of work, mobility, and sustainable food. SJF closed its fifth fund at $175 million in early 2021 and has $435 million in total assets under management.
SJF Ventures is recruiting two Senior Analysts (NYC and Durham) to join our investment team. This position is suited for talented, experienced and mission-driven individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing.
The new team member will be based in SJF's Durham office and will work with multiple members of SJF's investment team. Representative responsibilities will include:
- Identifying investment prospects through research, reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
- Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events, and impact initiatives.
- Supporting SJF's operational activities including impact acceleration, marketing, investor relations and fund administration.
One to three years of work experience, ideally in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and/or management consulting.
- Deep interest and passion in addressing societal and environmental challenges.
- Demonstrated interest in more than one of SJF's core industry sectors (clean energy and climate tech, circular economy and logistics, health and wellness, gov tech, education, future of work, mobility, and sustainable food).
- Strong multi-tasker who has experience working across multiple individuals and managing multiple different projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Robust financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Initiative, creativity, and ability to work independently.
- Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
- Aptitude and personality to work well within SJF's culture with flexibility, humility, and commitment to SJF's mission.
- Position Title: Senior Analyst
- Location: Durham, North Carolina
- Office: The position is based in office with some work from home flexibility.
- Travel: Typically travel once or twice per month for diligence meetings, conferences, and SJF investment committee meetings.
- Benefits: SJF offers competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement coverage.
- Base Salary: $125,000 - $155,000
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Saglimbene at Selby Jennings ().