Job Title: Healthcare Actuarial Analyst - Health and Benefits/Employer Group
About Us: This company is a leading healthcare consulting firm dedicated to providing innovative solutions in the field of health and benefits. Our team of experts is committed to helping employers navigate the complex landscape of healthcare, ensuring cost-effective and high-quality benefits for their employees.
Job Overview: We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Healthcare Actuarial Analyst specializing in Health and Benefits with a focus on Employer Group. The successful candidate will play a key role in analyzing healthcare data, developing pricing models, and providing strategic recommendations to help employers optimize their benefit offerings.
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- Analyze health and benefits data to identify trends, patterns, and key insights.
- Evaluate claims data, utilization statistics, and demographic information to assess risk and cost factors.
Pricing and Rate Setting:
- Develop and maintain pricing models for employer group health and benefits plans.
- Conduct experience studies and utilization analyses to determine appropriate premium rates.
Benefit Design and Strategy:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and customize benefit plans that align with client objectives and budgets.
- Provide recommendations on plan design modifications based on actuarial analysis.
Forecasting and Projections:
- Generate financial forecasts and projections to support decision-making related to benefit offerings.
- Evaluate the impact of potential changes in benefit plan design on future costs.
- Stay updated on relevant healthcare regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ensure benefit plans adhere to industry standards and legal guidelines.
Client Consultation and Communication:
- Communicate complex actuarial concepts and findings to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
- Act as a trusted advisor, providing insights and recommendations to address client challenges.
Report Generation and Documentation:
- Prepare comprehensive reports summarizing actuarial analyses, findings, and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate documentation of actuarial assumptions and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) designation is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare actuarial analysis, specifically in health and benefits for employer groups.
- Proficiency in actuarial software (e.g., Excel, SQL, R, Python) and familiarity with actuarial modeling tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.