In this role, you shall:
- determine the audit approach to cover the Market Risk and Treasury area within the bank. This includes:
- preparing the annual audit plan
- taking into account various internal and external developments, and priorities.
- ensure the audit plan is executed and audit findings are reported to the various stakeholders, including actions for improvement.
- effectively challenge the bank's Global Heads of Market Risk and Treasury, who will be your most important counterparts in the business.
- be responsible for the global corporate audit services view on these domains and also serve as the Global Subject Matter Expert for other auditors.
As an Audit Department Head, you have
- in-depth knowledge of the Market Risk and Treasury area.
- You use your strong analytical skills to identify the areas of focus within your domain.
- (preferably) more than 8 years of relevant work experience in audit within a major bank, financial institution or consultancy firm
- have a proficient understanding of internal audit processes, including identifying and evaluating key risks and process controls, setting an audit scope and developing audit testing
- strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal capabilities.
- the ability to ask the right questions and get the right information, even when you have to overcome resistance.
- You are accurate, and creative in your solutions and you describe yourself as a team player who can work in international teams, as well as independently when the task at hand requires this. Also, you are keen on self-development, on which you also guide your staff.