A global life insurance firm seeking a seasoned credit risk professional to lead the credit risk team covering counterparties. This expert will be leading the expansion of this newly consolidated team who will be responsible for setting policy and setting credit exposure limits.
This individual will be reporting into the CRO and will be responsible for performing credit analysis and reviews of counterparties, financial statements, financial ratios, and more. You will also be reporting expectations to the Risk Committee for approval. The reviews and analysis performed will help them manage the risk in various legal operating subsidiaries and for the enterprise in total.
- Set policy and credit exposure limits
- Analyze value changes
- Assess counterparty ratings
- Review rating triggers and break clauses that may exist
- Ensure credit protection is fully understood, utilized, and incorporated in stress tests
- Drive implementation of quantitative and qualitative models to help monitor and manage risk of new and existing portfolios
- Develop and implement risk mitigation and hedging strategies with other business lines
- 10+ years of experience of Investment, Life, Reinsurance, and related industries
- Strong knowledge in asset risk including market, interest rate, and an understanding of insurance product related risk exposures
- Expertise in credit risk, including counterparties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Management and leadership skills