This position will be working directly with the clients Capital Markets Technology team, supporting the Fixed Income (Credit), Special Situations, Public Equity, and Partnership Strategies lines of business.
*Develop and maintain web applications using Python, FastAPI, Django, React, and other web development frameworks.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams including portfolio managers, traders, research analysts, business analysts and other developers to deliver high-quality software solutions.
* Follow best practices for software development, including version control, testing, and continuous integration and delivery.
* Develop and maintain (REST and GraphQL) APIs to integrate with various trading or portfolio management systems.
* Design and develop solutions that are optimized for cloud deployment on AWS. Develop and maintain containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerization technologies.
* Participate in code reviews and contribute to technical discussions.
* Mentor junior developers in the organization and help propagate development best practices across the organization.
* Stay current with emerging technologies and tools in the cloud computing, web development, and Python communities.
* Produce high quality technical artifacts and system design documentation.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
* At least 3-5 years of experience in full stack web development using Python OR C# AND React or other web development frameworks.
* Experience in writing unit tests and mocks (using pytests and Jests or similar technologies).
* Experience with AWS cloud preferred. Azure or GCP experience nice to have.
* Experience with Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
* Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and database design.
* Experience using software development lifecycle management tools (Azure DevOps, Jira, GitHub, etc.)
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies and software development best practices.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills