Our client is a NYC-based trading and investment firm with an international presence in London and Singapore. As one of the oldest and best known macro hedge fund, their primary business is to manage client and proprietary capital through global macro hedge fund strategies. Assets are managed via a broad mandate to trade in a variety of global markets and instruments.
They are looking to add an experienced execution trader to the desk in Asia. Their Execution Trading team form a pivotal part of the Firm's global investment team and work closely with Portfolio Managers to provide market information, suggest trade ideas and review liquidity.
You will be handling execution flow from multiple portfolio managers within the fund, monitor firm's positions, and disseminate news and color, while offering up your own market commentary. In addition, you will liaise with the street to maintain and build relationships. Ideally you will have a working knowledge in multiple macro products along with equities and derivatives. This is an execution role that does not offer any discretionary book managing.
- Trade execution across the following products: Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Credit, Equities: Cash and Derivatives.
- Significant expertise of trading interest rate swaps advantageous.
- Application and understanding of execution algorithms and EMS.
- Analyze large data-sets to guide automation and refinement of execution processes.
- Post-trade and end-of-day position reconciliation.
- Interface directly with Portfolio Managers, Brokers, Senior Management, Compliance and Risk
- Provide daily market color as well as ad hoc research reports.
- Comply with relevant regulation and procedures.
- 3 - 8 years' experience in a similar role within a Bank or Hedge Fund, with proven track record in gained on a trading or sales desk.
- Quantitatively focused with strong analytical, investigative, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of the execution of multiple asset classes.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn and continuously move forward.
- Solid understanding of macroeconomics.