A leading US health care insurer is looking to hire a Director, Actuarial Services to lead the actuarial team and be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and leading multiple business units. This position has the option to be worked 100% remote.
The Director, Actuarial Services will be responsible for:
- Provide oversight and leadership while establishing goals and objectives that support continuous quality improvement
- Proactively seek out opportunities to innovate and develop new processes, procedures and solutions
- Direct activities of multiple functional areas, including but not limited to planning, staff development, problem solving and communications.
- Direct multiple analyses related to historical and projected contingent events including external and internal sources.
The Director, Actuarial Services should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- 8 years of health actuarial experience
- 3 years in a leadership role
- ASA designation; FSA designation preferred.