Currently working with one of the top 5 high frequency trading firms in the world sourcing for a DevOps engineer with a true developer background. This firm is truly one of a kind, working with cutting edge technology. Their success is attributed to the incredible speed which they trade in and their ability to always have a strategy for every product they work on.
If you want to work for a company that pays VERY well, offers a collaborative environment, and have an in-house barista, this is the role for you!
MUST BE ABLE TO SCRIPT IN PYTHON OR SIMILAR LANGUAGE
What You'll Do:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong Linux background
- Experience with Python or similar language.
- Building, maintaining, and improving our acquisition and monitoring platform will be the candidate's primary focus
- The individual will be the point person responsible for working with our various vendors to acquire and store datasets.
- The candidate will work alongside our storage and networking teams to make sure we are using the best hardware and software solutions for this task.
Skills You'll Need:
- Review and understand various datasets leveraging vendor documentation, liaising with external vendors as needed to better understand data.lin
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Hands-on experience working within a Linux environment
- Comfortable programming in Python or similar language
- Strong unit-testing / test-driven coding style
- Willingness to diversify and master other technical skills on the job