Data Strategist - Alternative Data (Private Investments Group)
Location & Work Model: Hybrid - WFH/In-Office - New York City
Compensation: $150,000 - $250,000
A well-established and industry leading quants hedge fund focused on financial data research and analytics are looking to expand their data team with a new full-time Data Strategist for their Private Investments group.
Your focus will be in driving the company's strategic alpha-generating alternative dataset procurement and sourcing efforts while working closely with internal colleagues and expanding your network of growing data partners.
This is one of the leading hedge funds on the globe who are focused on quant strategies and are historically known for their love of data science.
As the Data Strategist you will be responsible for:
- Lead strategic planning and execution to optimize the data asset portfolio
- Target well-suited alternative-datasets across industries
- Work closely with both the Portfolio Manager and related data science and quants teams to ensure seamless integration and excellent trading performance
- Leverage your knowledge of alternative-data and contract negotiations to reduce overall costs of acquisition and find the most aligned datasets to provided requirements
The Data Strategist should have the following qualifications:
- 3-7 Years of Experience with alpha-generating alternative dataset sales or sourcing, or a similar function. (Must have this experience!)
- Prior experience in Alternative or Private Investments is a great bonus!
- BA/BS in a field such as engineering or math is preferred
- Experience with negotiation and strategic partnerships with external vendors
- Working knowledge of alternative-data schemas, standards, and delivery with the ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with data science and quant teams.
If you feel you are a great fit, do not hesitate to reach out and get your application started!