An increcibly exciting start-up that are expected to be the next new big name in the Berlin FinTech world are looking for a Data Protection Officer.
The company are a few months away from their launch so will be hoping to bring in an expert who has an affinity for creating future of data protection for the company and implementing what they consider to be very important practices.
The position would ideally be in Berlin but most important requirement is to be
As a Data Protection Officer, you will:
- Develop and maintain a thorough and complete understanding in which the business operates and the resulting Data Protection risks associated with the business and activities
- Stay informed and ahead of new and emerging risks from business and Data Protection related developments and support the assessment of their impact on the organizational-wide Data Protection Program;
- Enhance and maintain current knowledge of GDPR and of applicable local Data Protection related laws, rules, regulations, guidance to support the promotion to organizational adaptation and compliance regarding Data Protection
- Stay informed of industry and regulatory GDPR related developments, trends and issues
As a Data Protection Officer, you should have:
- At least 3 years experience as a key member of a Data Protection framework
- Demonstrated experience with Data Protection risk management, including risk identification, evaluation, mitigation and management
- Experience regarding the development of Data Protection management systems; Data Protection control framework development and execution
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills including the ability to create, review, interpret and present data in a concise and precise manner;
- Ability to support interaction with regulators effectively including managing active discussions and negotiations, and operating under stringent expectations and deadlines
- General knowledge of financial services/fintech areas preferred
If you could be interested them please reach out to Matthew Carton