I am currently working with one of the fastest growing multi-national hedge fund's globally who are looking to build out multiple functions of the business. They are seeking a highly driven candidate to join their Data Engineer team and will be responsible for providing the content and data platform. The ideal candidate will supply inputs to various aspects of the business strategies while possessing experience within financial data sets.
This role will allow you to assist with building the data platform in Python using modern tech (AWS, Airflow, Docker, GitLab, SQL DBs, Kafka, Redis). Daily responsibilities include meeting research needs by designing software to automate the delivery of tidy data.
- Content delivered by API's
- Automation improvements, performance optimisation, catching layers. etc.
- Tooling to monitor, schedule and manage content.
- pipelines that enrich, collect, derive and store a various range on content
- 3+ experience within software / Data Engineering role
- Excellent Python experience
- Experience with SDLC practices continuous integration/deployment, agile, system design, etc.
- time-series database technologies and/or SQL experience.
- Experience in multiple languages such as C++, Java, C#, Scala and Matlab a plus.
- previous history dealing with financial datasets and/or enterprise financial vendor data products (preferred)
- Either Equity or Fixed income (preferred) financial domain knowledge