A leading consumer bank is looking to bring on a Credit Risk Manager with expertise in unsecured lending to help lead the development of consumer credit risk strategies for both acquisitions and account management. The bank is a top-10 cards issuer globally and offers a full suite of consucurrentlymer products including personal loans, installment loans, etc.
In this role, you will be tasked with leading portfolio management activities for the bank's private label and co-brand portfolio. You will work closely with the risk management, data science, marketing, and product groups on a daily basis. This role reports directly to the Head of Unsecured Credit Risk and you will act as a lead on the US Cards Risk Committee.
- Use expertise to develop and propose credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize growth and profitability within risk appetite.
- Track and monitor credit strategy performance and external factors impacting the credit risk exposure
- Apply programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data
- Work closely with data science and marketing groups on segmentation and targeting efforts to increase new acquisitions
- Optimize direct mail and digital channels marketing campaigns
- Provide the necessary analytics to optimize the credit line increase and decrease programs, balance transfer, retention, re-issue, spend campaign strategies, etc.
- Conduct detailed analysis using financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and evaluate credit risk across the banks unsecured portfolio
- 5+ years of experience within credit risk, credit strategy, credit risk analytics, or data analytics
- B.S. required, M.S. or MBA is preferred
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL and Tableau
- Ability to visualize data and interpret analytics into strategy
- Familiarity with the structure and reporting lines of a consumer bank