An industry-leading, bulge-bracket investment bank is looking to hire a VP-level Credit Risk Manager to join their Commercial Real Estate Credit Risk team based in Dallas. The bank has been making an effort to further build out their footprint in the Dallas market and will be looking to build around the individual that moves into this seat.
The Commercial Real Estate Credit Risk team is accountable for managing all exposure to the North America-based Portfolio. This individual will serve as the primary Credit Officer for these specific credit relationships, and will be tasked with defining credit risk appetite for client lending and trading activity. They are ideally looking for an experienced candidate, who is comfortable acting as a key point person for senior stake holders and mentoring/guiding the junior members of the team.
- Manage and monitor the credit exposure for the existing portfolio
- Review and approve lending activity
- Perform due diligence and financial analysis and summarize in credit approval memos
- Set and communicate credit exposure appetite across the commercial real estate portfolio utilizing internal exposure methodologies
- Be a key point of contact for Sales and Trading, Prime Brokerage, Investor Management, Treasury, and Leveraged Finance counter parts
- Assess creditworthiness of clients and assign credit ratings
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
- 7-12 years of credit risk experience at an Investment Bank
- Credit Risk experience is required
- Experience managing a portfolio of lending and other credit exposures
- Knowledge of Corporate and Asset lending
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint