A leading multinational investment bank is looking to hire across their wholesale/commercial lending credit risk groups. The bank is looking to hire candidates with strong counter-party credit risk and credit analysis backgrounds from the Senior Analyst to VP level. In this role you be responsible for a portfolio of Risk Relationships, owning the Credit Risk Analysis for those relationships, and being responsible for the continuous monitoring of that portfolio. That includes the production of Annual Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, and the support to Ad-Hoc Transactions and Portfolio & Industry Reviews and Stress Testing.
A Commercial Credit Risk Candidate will be responsible for...
- Assessing the credit and financial strength of the bank's Large Corporate, Public Sector, and Financial Institutions Clients by performing fundamental credit analysis of counter-parties
- Complete Credit Analysis Write-up Memos and Final Obligor Risk Ratings of the bank's Counter-parties based on independent assessment and judgment completed on the due diligence of the client and industry knowledge to provide appropriate extensions of credit remaining within Risk appetite
- Continuous monitoring of the covered portfolio, including following industry trends, impacts to key relationships, and escalation of potential credit issues to Credit Risk Team Leads, ICG Risk and BCMA partners
- Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
The Commercial Credit Risk Candidate should have the following qualifications...
- BA/BSc in Finance or Accounting or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
- Credit Risk Underwriting Proficiency
- Intermediate analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial components (liquidity position, leverage profile) with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Considerable knowledge of financial statements and GAAP accounting or similar governance relating to country of operation
- Robust industry research capabilities, including risk and key drivers
- Strong understanding of Credit Policy and procedures; proactively refers to resources as needed
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- Progressive experience with financial modeling