Title: Collections Strategy Governance and Controls Manager
Summary: A leading international bulge bracket bank is looking to hire a Collections Strategy Governance and Controls Manager to help cover their collections strategy LOB from an operational risk perspective. The bank is a top issuer of credit cards globally and is known for their airline partnerships. This role is a management position in charge of leading a team of associates with a focus of monitoring and developing risk frameworks for collections strategy governance, including measurement/KPIs, guardrails, risk ratings and review.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the Governance and/or Control space, along with core expertise in Risk Management. A background in Collections within the consumer lending field is preferred, as is a familiarity with the credit card business line.
The Collections Strategy Governance and Controls Manager will:
- Perform RCSAs to manage operational risks and controls while driving business objectives within Collections
- Monitor and develop risk frameworks for collections strategy governance, including measurement/KPIs, guardrails, risk ratings and review
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Strategy Owners Team, and participate in change control forums representing Collections
- Identify issues and gaps to prevent and manage incidents through a risk and controls lens
- Partner with senior level stakeholders and business heads on projects intended to improve the banks risk and control processes
The Collections Strategy Governance and Controls Manager should have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Governance and Control, or a similar discipline
- Experience in the Collections sector of a Consumer Lending Bank, ideally with credit cards
- Deep knowledge of US consumer collections laws at the Federal, State, and Local level
- Past experiences with documentation and issue management