Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston, MA
An elite hedge fund in Boston is building out a new cloud team to modernize their on-prem infrastructure and transform their IT systems. Their lean teams, multi-billion dollar AUM, and fundamental investment approach separate them from their competitors, especially in the alternative investment space. They have a unique opportunity for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join a newly formed cloud group. This individual will lead the process of migrating and supporting a data center migration to Azure. They will also collaborate on a range of modernization efforts across a hybrid cloud environment.
This hybrid environment directly supports a 24x7x365 trading infrastructure, consisting of Windows Server/Linux Systems in the private/public cloud. This new team is tasked with designing and implementing new solutions from scratch to proactively address storage, monitoring platforms, database operations, data center migrations, and application issues.
- Leverage automation and scripting to create efficient, cutting edge migration solutions
- Collaborate on securing, optimizing, and modernizing their 24x7 trading infrastructure
- Impact this firm's highest visibility modernization effort, solve business critical issues, and act as a thought leader on cloud transformations and automation
- BS or equivalent degree
- Hands-on experience with Azure, ideally on a previous or current migration to the cloud
- Hands on experience with VMware (vRealize, VRA, VRO, ESX, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products like Active Directory, Office 365, and Windows Servers
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business