A leading Broker Dealer is looking to bring on an AVP of Risk and Controls to oversee first line of defense responsibilities alongside Compliance & Risk Management partners. The primary responsibilities of this role include reviewing and documenting all internal processes and controls to ensure efficient 1LOD oversight and compliance.
This is a role that will sit in New York NY on a hybrid schedule, with 3 days a week in the office. The base pay for this salary can range from $115k - $125k, with an additional performance-based bonus.
Ideal candidates will have 2-7 years of risk management experience and preferably a background at an Inter-Broker Dealer or Investment Bank.
The AVP will be responsible for:
- Implementing and managing a controls and assurance program to maintain key controls
- Leveraging the risk management system to enhance the First Line of Defense
- Performing Credit Risk Monitoring responsibilities to management counterparty loan repayments
- Leading aligned change management processes for respective front office coverage areas
The AVP should have:
- Experience working within Risk and Controls, preferably in Operational Risk, Market Risk, Business Risk or Credit Risk
- Prior experience working in a Broker Dealer or Investment Bank
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with senior management and executive leadership
- Strong personal organizational skills with the ability to deliver under pressure within tight deadlines
If this role sounds like a good fit, please do not hesitate to apply!